About Us

Serrano Chapter was founded on November 30, 1971 at the Glendora Country Club. The founding Regent was Maryan Gerken. She and some other charter members had been members of the Covina Chapter. The charter was presented by Mrs. Robert L. Sperry, public relations national vice chairman Western Division, NSDAR. The Charter Members were: Barbara Albrecht, Jane Beck, Catherine Dickenson, Constance Fisher, Maryan Gerken, Denise Agron, Deborah Neal, Margaret Turner, Pauline Astin, Irene Van Vranken, and Barbara Whatley. Most of the Charter Members remain members of the chapter today. The officers of the new chapter were installed by Mrs. Frank Mettlach, Vice President General, NSDAR

In November, 2012, at the Glendora Country Club, we celebrated forty one years of Serrano Chapter. During that time we have received many honors, our membership has grown to ninety-five members, and we are active in our community.

 

Glendora's first City Hall, Fire Department, and Police Department (jail) was built in 1913. It was used until the new City Hall was built in 1921. Various civic and church groups used the building until 1976, when it opened as the Glendora Historical Society Museum. In 1988-89, an addition was built behind the original building to provide more space for the Historical Society's growing collection of Glendora artifacts.

The marker was placed by Serrano Chapter, DAR, in 1982.